Housing Guidelines for Tenants/Guests
Municipal registration at places offered by the APFN platform is not possible!
- Make an online profile on the website
- Look for rooms, select interesting ones
- Landlords will decide if there’s a match
- When matched, you and the landlord have contact by phone or Skype
- If both parties are happy, a contract needs to be signed and you can move in
Looking for a house on this platform
Seeking housing on this platform comes with a code of conduct.
- Your landlord will provide the date on which you can move in
- Exact figures as indicated below should be included in the contract by the landlord
- The landlord can’t ask more rent than 50% of his/her total rent
- Never pay rent in advance, before meeting each other
- The landlord may ask for a deposit, not exceeding one whole month of your rent
Being a tenant
Living together requires work and communication from both sides.
- You are a guest at someone’s place, and you’re using their facilities. Keeping the place clean and tidy together will be appreciated. Draw up a plan together with your landlord
- Behaving yourself at your host’s place speaks for itself, but they might have additional house rules, such as no smoking allowed inside
- The landlord will have the basics ready for your first night: a bed with sheets, a pillow and towels. After a good night of sleep, the rest can be arranged
- Communication is key! Talk about what you both want, how to improve your living arrangement, and how to solve disputes. No household is perfect, so work on it together